Monday, April 27, 2009


For those who nothing about me let me explain, I’m a student at Brooks Institute studying Visual Journalism, a combination of photojournalism and documentary film making. I will gradate in January of 2010 with a bachelor of fine arts. I have been doing photography since high school but did not start doing photojournalism till September of 2006. When it comes to photojournalism I enjoy doing multiple image story telling, picture stories & photo essays.
Recently I have put my still camera down and picked up a video camera. In more recent news I have just finished a four-month Internship with the Ventura Film Festival. A local film festival in which I had short documentary I made screened at. The internship it self was a wonderful experience. Not only was I working with a group of professionals that valued my opinion as a filmmaker, but also treated me as one of their own. The people I worked with enjoyed me so much that half way through the internship they made me a Board Member…. Needless to say I was overjoyed that my efforts gave such a great impression on them.
Currently I’m taking a class on corporate video and continuing to work with the Ventura Film Society where we will be screening films every Thursday in June though August at the Elks Lodge in downtown Ventura. Anyway enough chit chat, enjoy my blog and feel free to leave comments.


Michael Thanhouser

No comments:

Post a Comment