Tuesday, April 28, 2009

SHADY

I once heard that’s a house without a cat is like a human with out a soul. After being a cat owner for almost three years now, I second that saying. I remember when I first saw my feline friend. He was locked in a bathroom at a friend’s house meowing his face off. I took one look at him and feel in love. At the time he was kitten, small enough to hold in one hand, so innocent I thought, boy was I wrong! I vividly remember him exploring every knock and cranny of my small studio apartment with wondrous child-like-eyes and with out hesitation going crazy and running laps around the house while biting and clawing anything that came near him. I still have some scars on my arms from some of shady’s most dangerous encounters. Yes my cat was crazy, and yes he still is. But at the same time he is the most loving creature on the planet. The first night he stayed with me after going crazy for almost 6 hours straight me jumped up onto my bed and slept on my chest. At that moment I could tell that he loved me, that he was thankful for me adopting him, and I was thankful towards him for being their for me. In the past two and half-years, shady and I have been though a lot. He lost his balls and I lost the woman of my dreams, yes times have been tough, but we have always been there for each other. Stating in July I will be doing an internship up in Portland Oregon for about two months. This internship will be a great experience for me but I’m unsure what to do with my buddy. Taking him up to Portland would be too traumatic for him and I cannot leave him all alone. I truly don’t know what to do with him. He has become more then just a pet to me he has become a friend that is always there for me and always willing to listen to my problems. I have thought about traveling the world once I get out of college, but what will I do with shady? I refuse to abandon him after all we have been though. I truly don’t know what to do, but I know that my decision will be in best in his best interest.





No comments:

Post a Comment